Monday, May 10, 2010

Rock Sunday

I started a little earlier on Sunday, so I could see Rock Sugar at 2pm. And am I glad I made myself get out of bed! What a show! Playing mashups of hard rock, metal, and 80's pop, they kept the crowd completely hooked, never knowing what piece of what song was next! I would definitely go see them again.


Rock Sugar rocks it out! The boys throw up the rock star sign.



Vince Neil put on a hard rocking show, including several popular Motley Crue songs in his set. And I made it to the south stage just in time to hear Boys Like Girls sing Two is Better than One (featuring local star Alexis Grace) and the Great Escape. In the late afternoon, we headed to the center stage where a large crowd was eagerly awaiting Earth, Wind, and Fire. And we were not disappointed! Opening with Boogie Wonderland and taking us through their catalog of hits, EWF kept us dancing for over an hour. Closing with a medley, beginning with September (a personal fave), then blending into Get Down, it is one show that will stick in my mind as one of the best of the weekend.


Vince Neil puts on a show. The Blues Shack was a great place to hang out. Boys Like Girls play their hits.



The mud we stood in for 2 days - my boots where the best $15 I have ever spent. Posing with the girls during Girls, Girls, Girls. I also made a quick stop by Booker T.



Everyone was having a great time at the Flyer Tent. EWF put on an amazing show. End-of-the-night Saratoga Chips? Yes please!


Our final stop of the evening was supposed to be 3 Doors Down. But after waiting for 45 minutes, it was announced they couldn't make it due to flooding. Rock Sugar did set up to play a second set, but at that point I was exhausted and headed home to clean off the mud.


Yeah yeah, some of the headliners weren't there, but it did not take away from some of the other fabulous performances. BSMF DID live up to the Mudfest reputation though. Overall – it was a great weekend of live shows. 70 bucks for 3 days of music? Yes please! See you next year - with my boots and poncho!

No comments:

Post a Comment