Friday, February 26, 2010

Time Flies Catchup 2

After a busy four days, I decided to take a break to stay in and watch the Olympics and other reality TV Wednesday and Thursday nights. I had hoped to make it poker at Calhouns, but it has become quite popular, so all the spots had been filled. But… it gave me the opportunity to rest up for my awesome Friday night.

My apartment building does events for residents from time to time and recently has really stepped in up to plan some great fun things. The first was a wine tasting Friday night! With NINE wines, cheese & crackers, mini sandwiches, and some hot hors d’oeuvres, it was a perfect way to mingle with neighbors and start a weekend.


After meeting some new friends and catching up with old neighbors (and feeling a bit tipst from the tasting), I headed to the Primetime bowling alley… with my pink bowling ball!! It was surprisingly not full, so that gave us the opportunity to get two lanes next to each other. What a night! 8 people, $4 per game, $5 beer pitchers…. For a three hour evening of bowling with constant beer pours – we ended up paying about $30 a person. Not bad considering we bowled four games and went through about 14 pitchers of beer!! Well, I will also say some of us spent a bit more with our bets on the games. It started with $1 per game, but quickly evolved into side bets on full games, singles frames, and even one ball tries.

Pictures: Everyone is gearing up to bowl, Betting pool, feeling happy after an evening of bowling!






Saturday night was a birthday celebration for Stephanie at the Flying Saucer. I helped by sneaking the cake in! After a low start to the night, the bar got crowded and the beer was freely flowing by the time the basketball game was over and the Forum crowd made their way out. I think the birthday girl had a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment