Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Update - Snow & Ice Edition

After a looooong week – busy week at work, trivia Tuesday, Jeopardy test Wednesday, poker Thursday, I was ready for some TGIF and the weekend. And then, of course, came Ice Death 2010. I was fortunate enough to be able to work from on Friday. There is something about pjs, a couch, and a tv with my laptop that makes me more productive. I would get so much done if I could WFH (work from home for non texters or tweeters) every day.

After a day of being cooped up, I was ready to go out Friday night. Thank goodness for downtown bars and walking distances! I headed to the Saucer to meet up some friends. It actually had a decent crowd for being so crappy outside. We played some darts (I won a game!), drank some beer, and caught up with everyone. After a few drinks, we headed to a friend’s house for some buzztime trivia. Of course, we made a few stops for food and alcohol along the way. Thanks to the Corkscrew for being open, and a BIG thanks to Frank’s Deli on South Main for reopening the food counter to make an AWESOME portabella mushroom salad for me!

On Saturday, I was pretty much lazy and avoided the ice by laying on the couch watching movies. I was planning on going to see Theatre Lite at Beignet Café that night, but it was closed due to the weather. I was graciously offered a Grizzlies ticket that afternoon, and got to go with the national anthem singer – Graham Fenton from the Jersey Boys cast. I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent crowd, despite the ice outside. For those who follow basketball, you unfortunately know the outcome of the game. We blew a 21 point lead to then lose in overtime. Terrible. But , we did get the cool giveaway – a Grizz basketball!!


Pictures: Graham Fenton sings the National Anthem, fire lights up the Forum as the Grizzlies are announced, the stands fill up for the game.




A friend decided to have a housewarming party at the last minute, so my next stop of the night was his new apartment. Thank goodness for the short walking distance from the Foum, due to the icy sidewalks. I did rock the snow boots all night though so I wouldn’t slip!! Drinks, friends, and music provided for afun party.

Picture: Mike shows off his new kitchen.


After a bit, I headed back out to the Jersey Boys cast party. The Hard Rock was rented out for the occasion, and the party was in full swing by the time I arrived. Elmo and the Shades provided the fun music. An excellent finger food buffet was laid out. Cast members were mingling, eating, drinking, dancing. I talked to a few of them, and despite the ice, they were enjoying their time in Memphis! They have had some free time to walk around, check out Beale, and eat at some of our local restaurants. Don’t forget, Jersey Boys is here through February 14th!


Pictures: The cast enjoys the party, I pose with two cast members, everyone enjoys the music and view from the second floor!



After another quick stop at the housewarming party, then a final drink at Bardog, I decided to call it a night. And to finish up the weekend, I stayed in on Sunday – movie, workout, cleaning, Grammys!

No comments:

Post a Comment