Monday, January 18, 2010

O Random Nights

What a crazy week last week, with something going on every night. Monday and Wednesday I had various meetings at venues around downtown. Tuesday was Flying Saucer trivia, where we were victorious once again and added $50 to our party stash. Thursday I headed to Calhoun’s to play poker, where unfortunately I placed 4th (but did get to stay and play a fun NTN trivia game). No one can say there is not always something going on downtown) :-)

So after a bunch of busy nights, I decided to have couch time on Friday. Every once in awhile, it is nice to just stay in. Being downtown, you can always change your mind at the last minute and walk out the front door!

After a Saturday of cleaning and a short field trip to midtown for a comedy show, the sister and I decided to hit the bars and see where the evening took us. One of our favorite local bands Snozberry was playing the Saucer, so we headed there first. There was a great crowd rocking out to the music in the beer garden and socializing inside the bar. We ran into a group of friends I hadn’t seen since new year’s, plus got to see some of their gorgeous new engagement rings. The holidays were quite the proposing time this year.

We then got a text from friends who were at Rehab. We hadn’t been there before, so we decided to check it out. I think this could be a new favorite place. As of this past weekend, there wasn’t a cover charge! They served beer and liquor (so the sister was happy). It is 2.5 stories tall, with a VIP half level upstairs, a chill room downstairs, and a dance floor & couches on the main level. They played a variety of music – from current hip hop to old school to Journey! The sister and I got our dance on for a bit, had a few drinks, then decided to end the night with a final drink at Bardog. Unfortunately (or fortunately, as it were), there is no photographic evidence from the weekend.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. The random nights can sometimes be the most fun, because you never know who you will see or where you will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment