Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tis the Season - Part 1




The holidays may be over, but the time for sharing stories and pictures is still going strong. There was so much going on downtown in December, that I don’t think I stayed at home more than a few nights the whole month.

The MPACT party was one of the first holiday celebrations I went to. Comprised of young professionals from all across Memphis, it is always a fun group to hang out with. Plus, it provides lots of good city-wide information and volunteer opportunities. Lots of friends showed up with potluck dishes in hand, ready to have fun. And fun we did have, as evidenced from the many bottles of wine, beer and champagne consumed. Don’t worry… not ALL MPACT events are like this, it WAS a party after all :-)

Next up was the annual Kooky Canuck holiday celebration. I threw on my santa hat and a fun party dress to meet up with all my friends. The KC always knows how to throw a great party with $2 BIG beers, a food buffet, and a rockin DJ. After mingling for a bit, the sister, other friends, and I hit the dance floor to break out our best moves!

I previously blogged about seeing the Wizard of Oz. I was also fortunate enough to attend the cast party. What a fun and nice group of people! They were so excited and interested about Memphis. The local kids from the show were also there, dancing the night away to the beats of the dj.

Later that night, I did have a random stop at Shadows for some more dancing!

Next post: More holiday celebrations – Trivia team gathering, Dirty Santa party, and SMA party.

No comments:

Post a Comment