Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Weekend

Friday night, the sister and I made a late appearance at the Shelton Clothier Mark it for Market party. Starting a new clothing store, the owners really wanted to understand what women want.Tables were piled with magazines, scissors, and glue. Sheets of paper with various themes lined the wall – Date Night, Work, Accessories, etc. All you had to do was cut out what you liked and paste it on the appropriate wall. Serving appetizers from Circa (got the last bite of tuna!), wine, and cake was an additional touch of class.

We cut out our ideas and glued them on the walls. After we had exhausted the mags, we sat around talking to the owners and managers of the new store. They are very committed to bringing fashionable, yet affordable, clothes and accessories to Memphis. This will be a welcome addition to the Memphis downtown core, and I look forward to shopping there!


We headed to the Saucer to meet up with a birthday party after the Shelton shindig. What a group of friends we have. I swear we took up half the bar!! After a few cocktails (and the introduction of baby Guinness shots to our friends), we headed to a buddy’s condo for darts, drinks, and quesadillas. Oh – and to hang a brand new 52” TV on the wall. I am not sure that was the best idea under the circumstances, but it all worked out well thank goodness.

Most of Saturday was spent with my dad out east, but I headed to the Saucer around 8:00 to celebrate former-bartender-Katie’s first Saturday off. A small group of us braved the monsoon-to-come to grab a few beers and hang out in the beer garden. After the usual antics, I headed to Bardog to meet up with some friends who I haven’t seen in awhile. My home-away-from-home never disappoints. I finally got something to eat – the ahi tuna is fabulous there! (Yes, ahi tuna in a bar! Eat there. You won’t be sorry!) Thank goodness for friends in the area, because a little after midnight, I decided I was in a movie mood. I was lucky enough to be able to call a friend and WALK over!

Sunday was workout and cleaning day, but only during the first football game. For the second, I threw on my gold and black (my Mom is from New Orleans) and headed to Calhoun’s. The place was packed! Apparently, it was the place to be to watch the game for locals. I was even able to play a little QB1. I would have won, too, if I didn’t leave early to head to… Circa!

Review to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment