Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Birthday Fun! (Night 1)

Well if you follow us on Twitter, you already know that fellow blogger Brian and I threw down for our birthdays last Saturday night! Born just two weeks apart (well and a few years, LOL) and with many of the same friends, we decided to combine the celebrations into one crazy night.

We started at the Happy Mexican with a small group for margaritas, sangria, and dinner. I must say the sangria at HM is really good – nice and thick, not too fruity, just the right amount of sweetness. My dinner consisted only of chips and salsa, as I was leaving early to head to the next venue. I did get a quick bite of both the pork and the refried beans. Both were VERY good; I will have to get back soon to eat a real meal.


The group at the Happy Mexican, chips & salsa with sangria & margaritas, birthday boy Brian and wife Jen.


I ran home quickly to grab the cake and meet the rest of the group at the Flying Saucer. People started trickling in few by few, until we had commandeered an entire corner and a few couches. Several (ok… many) beers, a cake cutting, and a Happy Birthday song later, the partying was in full swing. Thanks to all my friends who bought me birthday beers and wine!!


Brian and I pose with our awesome cake (check out the orange & white - Go VOLS! And the blue & red I suppose), partying with my friends, rock star birthday!


Birthday beers! La Fin Du Monde from Buddha, Ayinger Brau-Weiss from Gary, and Miller Lite from Darrin. Thanks guys!


The next stop on the party train was Silky O’Sullivans on Beale Street with yet another birthday celebratee and friends from the first party. It was a little chilly for the outside patio, so we stayed inside for the dueling pianos and a few big beers.


Esther, Brian, and I huddle on Silky's patio,Tyson bought me a BIG birthday beer, hanging with the third birthday honoree Todd.


After that, we headed back northwest. Some friends stopped off at the Silly Goose, but I continued on Rehab. We started downstairs just hanging out in the bar, eventually making our way upstairs for a little dancing.


Everyone hanging out downstairs at Rehab, hanging with some girl friends Lauren & Ashley.


Everyone seemed pretty partied out, so our original late-late night plans didn’t materialize. I went back to the Saucer to pick up the leftover cake and saw some of my friends still at the Goose. After they left, I ended up hanging out there for a bit longer with my bartender friend and the owner. I think I made it home around 4am, which usually means I had a great time!


Last stop of the night - Silly Goose, ran into Cameron & Amy.



What a fun night!! A HUGE thanks to all my friends who came out to celebrate with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment