Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lost Voice: Day Zero - The Birthday Bash

Okay, so I've gone 10 days without my normal, American Idol competitive vocal skills... but I am finally close to regaining my voice back completely. This morning I conducted a 2+ hour meeting and only near the end did my voice start to go really, really hoarse so I think I'm almost back to normal. That being said, I thought I'd go back to the scene of the crime... the night of the double birthday bash with friend and fellow blogger, Rebecca S.

T
he night started at my favorite downtown Mexican restaurant, The Happy Mexican. They are very accommodating and were able to get us a table big enough for our group within 15 minutes, which was great since they were packed that night. Want to thank my wife for making it out that night even though she was without a voice... I think I later caught whatever she had and it took my voice away as well (maybe I shouldn't thank her?). Hah, just kidding!
 
Pre-party dinner!   Gary, Josh and Esther
We had a great time, great food, and many pitchers (probably too many) of their top shelf Margaritas. I think the last pitcher was a struggle as only me, Edison and Gary were still able to drink any margaritas, everyone else (smartly) passed on it.

After a brief pit stop at Robbie's condo and Frank's Deli, we walked to The Flying Saucer for our birthday cake and beer (yes, that is a great combo). ;-) After a few beers, cutting the cake, and talking to friends, my voice was gone. I felt it was going to happen on the walk to the Saucer, just didn't know when.

   
Rebecca and I pose with the cake!   Lindy waving or she's about to give me
a birthday spanking...not sure which! :-)
  Well lit! (the cake and us)
   
What's Gary looking at????   Oh, THAT'S what Gary's looking at!   Me and Esther
   
Chelsea and Lindy   Secret Asian Man and Randy   Me and Penelope
My memory is a bit blurry from all the margaritas and beer, but I know I had fun and hope everyone else did as well. I did end up on Beale Street for a bit and later Silky's. I remember my friends Conor and Rob making sure I had nothing but water the rest of the night... for my voice of course right? ;-)

   
Rob and I   Me and Rebecca   Beale Street
   
Esther, Me and Rebecca   The goat at Silky's   Silky's Piano Bar
Anyway, long story short: Food + margaritas + sick wife + beer + cake = how I badly lost my voice.... but I sure did have fun losing it!

Blog Posted by Brian C

1 comment: