Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Turning Downtown Memphis Green: St. Patty's Day 2010

Having survived laryngitis by pretty much staying home for 2 weeks, I thought I'd get back on that horse and get out and party it up for St. Patty's Day!

While walking to a trolley, my friend Angie C. (one of about 14 Angies I know) spotted me and gave me a ride to Beale St. along with joining in on the fun!

We met up with Rebecca S. and watched the raising of the goat and the blessing of the kegs at Silky O'Sullivan's. We then went inside and hung out in the courtyard, listened to a musician and I bought us a few beers that Rebecca turned green for us. Friends Josh and Angie (another one of the 14) met up with us there as well before we moved on to the next place.





Later, we moved the party to the Flying Saucer which was featuring Celtic Dancers and an Irish band, bagpipes and all! The fire sale that night was Ireland's own Harp of which I made sure to taste test quite a few of them. Was a great night with a great group of friends and I'm happy to say this time I didn't leave the Saucer without my voice!






Okay... I typed this blog at around 4am this morning... that's just WAY too many green pics.... LOL


Blog Posted by Brian C

No comments:

Post a Comment