Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trolley Night: March 2010

Friday night was the first "kinda, sorta warm enough to go out" Trolley Night! The turn-out was much better than past months and the crowds were great. My in-laws were in town and we decided to go to Pearl's Oyster House for dinner after making a few stops along the way. I had played a prank the previous week by "borrowing" and taking pics of the MPACTMemphis sign that I placed in my courtyard (and posting them to @MPACTMemphis on Twitter), so my first stop was to return that sign to the MPACTMemphis office on South Main, as well as to wish my friend Penelope who works there a Happy Birthday. :-)



We stopped at the SMA (South Main Association) cookout and since we were about to have dinner, skipped eating any of the burgers and hotdogs and instead grabbed two cups of Ghost River Golden from the keg for my brother-in-law Jeremy and I as the others didn't want beer until they got to Pearl's. On the way we saw a nice way to get people into your art gallery... paper sacks with smiley faces all over the sidewalk!



Since Pearl's had a long wait, Jeremy and I went back out and hit up a few art galleries including the old Jay Etkin Gallery (I'm not sure what the new name of the place is though, if there is a name?). One art gallery in particular, Nook and Crannies, had unique artwork in the form of the artist's panties and stockings, along with various other pieces of art adorning the walls. The artist, Brittany Wilder, changed each undergarment into stylish artwork by painting different things on each one to make them all unique.



There was also a band playing outside between Onix and a trolley stop which was really good and had gathered a large crowd.



We had a great dinner of oysters, jambalaya, etc. and made our way back to trolley night. After stopping and seeing a few more friends along the way, we had some friends come back to my place and had a few beers and hung out for a while. Glad I could show off South Main and trolley night to the in-laws from Iowa. We all had a great time!

Blog Posted by Brian C

No comments:

Post a Comment