Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8th Annual Hot Wing Festival

It's that time of year again, FESTIVAL SEASON! And to kick it off, Hot Wing Fest did not disappoint!

As soon as I got through the gates and paid the low $5 admission price, I was plucked by Ruby! Plucked = was tagged with the "Pluck U" team sticker. :-) I also was served by Olivia and Amy some incredible dry rub wings from the Pluck U team.


After hanging with friends and sampling various wings from the Ques Brothers, Calhoun's and Pluck U teams, I headed home, fed the baby and relieved my wife for her spa day. I got the baby in the stroller and headed right back to Hot Wing Fest to check out my friend Shane's band, Dynaflow.


My baby had plenty of sitters that afternoon... oh what's that? No, I didn't father a... well here's the explanation... My wife and I decided not to post pictures of our very cute baby on the blog, so I have to be creative. In the spirit of Hot Wing Fest, well... creativity took an odd twist!


I met up with Kerry, the "I Love Memphis" girl, and got my photo taken with the infamous "I ♥ Memphis" sign, then headed to the Hot Wing eating contest!


O
ne of the competitors, Kevin, is the brother of a friend from work, Tim, and they have a blog devoted to eating the hottest foods they can find. Check them out at http://www.burnmymouth.com/ !


Rather than post the photo I took earlier of Susie (yeah, she knows which one, crazy girl), I decided to just post one of us with the eating contest in the background. Josh is a true wing fan as he's double fisting two chicken wings!


The Hot Wing contest was hosted by 98.1 The Max's Chris Jarman (as a side note, he and I went to the same high school, though he was a year or three ahead of me). Friends Zach and Kevin compete, while another contestant sports some Kanye-esque shades while listening to his iPod. Then a very large chicken walks thru the crowd...


The night ended with a great concert by legendary 70s band, "Black Oak Arkansas"!


Blog Posted by Brian C

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had some explanation on why I'm looking so downright mad in the group baby picture. Maybe it was just my game face for the impending wing eating contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zach, I think that was your game face. You had to get in the zone to eat all those wings! :-)

    ReplyDelete