Friday, April 2, 2010

St. Pat's Parade 2010

Well, it might already be April but I am still blogging March. There were so many events, it has been hard to keep up with telling you about them. The good news is – even if you missed some of these, there is so much more fun coming up!


The weekend before St. Patrick’s day brought a crazy Saturday to Beale Street. It was the annual St. Pat’s parade bookended by two sessions of the newly instated River City Brewers Festival.


I chose the evening session of the beer fest, so my first stop of the day was the parade. I met my friends on Beale, dressed in green and ready to catch some beads! It was a little chilly out, but nothing that a big beer and some yelling “throw me something” couldn’t cure. The parade started with the military band, then came the floats, marchers, dance teams, motorcycles, horse-drawn carriages, and even kilt-wearing Dead Elvises!


Christopher and I are ready for the parade, Frank is wearing fun beads!

The band starts the parade, then come the floats!


The Memphis Tigers well represented, some friends jumped into the parade with the Most Interesting Man in the World, then more floats.


After the parade, we headed to Silky’s to continue the celebration. There was plenty of green to go around – wigs, hats, beads, clothes, coats, and beer of course!


We caught lots of beads! Ruby and Harmony show off their St Pat's spirit (and even sang me a song!), hanging on Silky's patio.


Leprechaun! And playing with my camera setting. Love the green!


Another successful parade! And even more St Pat’s fun to come on the actual day! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment