Thursday, April 22, 2010

Peabody Rooftop Party Season Premiere: Lord T & Eloise


It's baaaaccckkkk! The Peabody Rooftop parties are back and I for one am glad they are! Before I get to the party, I swung by another party along the way, the "Third Thursday Main Street Block Party" which is on the Main Street Trolley line outside of The Majestic Grille, Blue Fin, Circa, etc. I started the night with a Bubblegum Vodka and Red Bull. That's right, "Bubblegum" Vodka... it actually tasted fairly good. Did I just lose my man card by admitting that?



After hanging with friends at the block party, we headed to The Peabody and what awaited us was a very large crowd outside the elevators! The crowd was so large, we improvised to get up to the roof faster (no comment). ;-) Once on the roof, I saw my friends, the expecting Haute Mama model Randi Lynn and her equally haute sister August, then headed to the VIP section to get some room to breathe. This party was packed and it was only 7:15pm!


The VIP area had some great food and I had no problem sampling the crawfish tartlettes and shrimp cocktail shooters. Rebecca snagged us some red beans and rice from the inside buffet as well.


Kevin Rudolf sings an acoustic version of his hit song "Let It Rock".


Then Lord T & Eloise take the stage! During their concert, my friend Aimee shows up after waiting and waiting downstairs for an elevator. Took a long time, but she finally made it up there. I'm wondering if tonight's rooftop party will be as packed? Hmm... going to have to figure out when I should get there tonight.


More partying with Rebecca and later a photo courtesy of the Peabody of Frank, Stephanie, Penelope and me.


For more, check out this great video from the party, created by the Peabody Hotel:


I ended the night with an impromptu tour of the lower bowels of the Peabody Hotel and later met up with friends at the Flying Saucer before heading home. I sure wish those trolleys ran past 11pm starting on Thursday nights though... at least I'm used to the walk home, but still... (hint, hint MATA)...

Blog Posted by Brian C

No comments:

Post a Comment