Tuesday, April 6, 2010

River City Brewer's Festival

Another quick catch-up post, but at least it is one that has some relevance down the road. On the same day as the St Patrick’s Parade, there was a festival. A beer festival! The River City Brewers’s Festival to be exact. Since I wanted to sleep late, I attended the evening session.


With over 25 booths and more than 75 beers, there was something for everyone – ales, lagers, hefes, porters, fruity beers, heavy beers, hoppy beers, and even a margarita made with beer! I will say that it was a lot of major distributors, so I had tasted many of them before, but there were a few new surprises.


The way it was set up was fantastic. All the booths were in a large circle in Handy Park, each with their taps, pourers, and dump buckets (heaven forbid!). I don’t think I ever had to wait on a beer, which I suppose it a good thing. LOL!

The setup and a closer look at a row of booths.


After tasting for about three hours, I feel like I had been served enough. It was quite chilly outside, being in early March, so I was ready for some warmth. I did score some cool goodies though, like a PBR headband and a Stella beer opener. I headed to a friend’s house for some much-needed food to soak up the beer, played some Wii bowling and called it a night.


Tasting beer with friends!


The Most Interesting Man in the World makes another appearance. And I am all bundled up (thanks to Ford for the second coat), triple fisting my three faves!



If you missed this opportunity to drink many different beers, have no fear. There is another one coming up on April 24th. More details to come in an upcoming post!


No comments:

Post a Comment