Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mmmmm crawfish, get in me belly!

After partying it up at Hot Wing Fest, what better way to cap off the weekend than with a nice big bucket of crawfish while hanging with friends!

I got up fairly early for a Sunday, but then again I do have a baby so my alarm clock has now become human... After the normal morning routine, we decided to walk the riverwalk to crawfish fest. Along the way we met up with our friends Ali and Conor (baby-less for the day) who joined us on our walk to the festival.

Once we got there, my wife located some more friends and snagged a spot with them, while Rebecca saw me and she and I headed off to get beer from her family's gumbo competition tent and then to get in line for crawfish. To my wonderful surprise, at 12:30pm there was no line! I got my bucket so fast I think I'll avoid the early barrage of hungry crawfish patrons and wait at least 30 minutes before heading to the fest.

Alright, enough words, on with the photos! And yes, I did reuse the chicken head to not break the no baby pics rule... I mean, I could've used a crawfish, but I think that'd creep me out and you as well! :-)



Nice view of some friends on the rooftop of Barton Flats... I think I need to make my way up there to get some cool pics from above! Just before heading there, our friend Lydia shows up wearing some stylish footwear. "What are those called?" I ask her. "Sandle Booties" she says (I think that's what she said anyway). Not really sure, but they were different.


The view from above was nice and I got to test the power of the zoom of my pocket sized camera and was impressed with the results.


Blog Posted by Brian C

No comments:

Post a Comment